[et_pb_section fullwidth=”off” inner_shadow=”off” parallax=”off” module_class=”page-tri-link”][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”1_2″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”center” module_class=”bgd-tri-link”]Worship This Week[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_2″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”center” module_class=”bgd-tri-link”]

Newsletter

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fullwidth=”off” inner_shadow=”off” parallax=”off” module_id=”entire-content”][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”2_3″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Title” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left”]

[page_title]

[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text Area” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” module_class=”internal-text”]

M. P. Moller, Inc. of Hagerstown, Maryland, installed Holy Trinity’s organ, Opus 9637, in 1962. All the pipe work, mechanism and console were newly installed inside the historic case of David Tannenberg, and outside in two divisions between the case and the walls. The S.D.G. Organ Service Co. of Millersville, Pennsylvania, built the new console, installed the new control mechanisms, and added two sets of pipes to the organ. James R. McFarland took over the care of Holy Trinity’s organ in 1974 following the Moller Factory service. During this time, many improvements and refinements were made to the instrument. The Walker Technical Co. of Zionsville, Pennsylvania, founded by Robert Walker, installed the digitally synthesized pipe ranks, with many samples taken from Aeolian-Skinner Organs. Their “state of the art” technology made it possible to “fill in the gaps” where pipe ranks were lacking in Holy Trinity’s organ because of space constraints. They provide “color” and fundamental (lower) sounds that the organ did not possess.

History of the Pipe Organs of Holy Trinity

detail of organ case 21744 – By that year or earlier, George Kraft built an organ for the original stone church which stood across Mifflin Street. This small instrument was moved into the present building when it was opened in 1766.

The Walker Technical Company of Zionsville, Pennsylvania added digitally synthesized pipe ranks to the instrument. The organ now has the equivalent of 99 ranks, 55 pipe and 44 digital.

Click here for the specifications on Holy Trinity’s historic organ.

 

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″][et_pb_sidebar admin_label=”Sidebar” orientation=”left” area=”sidebar-1″ background_layout=”light” /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]